Classic coffee makers and new auto-pour over machines are a perfect way to brew no matter your skill level or taste preferences. They have a reputation for brewing bad coffee, but it’s not always the machine’s fault.
You should be able to make really good specialty coffee with a drip machine using a couple of secrets:
1. Always use fresh coffee from Haciendo (whole bean/fresh ground, and no more than a couple weeks old if possible)
2. Use filtered water or some sort of good water. This helps with flavor and keeps your machine working well.
3. Use a good ratio (recipe). Most people drop the ball with this method by not using enough ground coffee.
4. Use a spoon to help water distribution or to stir (agitate) the grounds a little bit during the brewing process. Using the right amount of coffee to water means your basket will be pretty full and the water distribution on these type of machines isn’t great.
5. Remove from heat quickly. Keeping the coffee hot or reheating causes chemical reactions that breakdown the complex flavors, so share the pot of coffee with family or friends. When you’re the only coffee drinker, pour the coffee that isn’t being consumed immediately into an insulated carafe if possible.
Our recipe is for a 12-cup coffee maker, but you can easily adjust it for different machines.
Subscribe + Save
Never run out of coffee again! If you love our coffee, you can get it ordered and delivered automatically. With different frequencies and roasts to choose from, we’ve got the perfect subscription just for you, and at a discount too!
Choose Your Coffee
From single origin to our house blend, or even surprise offerings for the more adventurous, we have the coffee to fit your taste.
Choose A Frequency
Receive 12 oz of our whole bean coffee weekly, every 2 weeks, every 3 weeks, or monthly—whatever frequency meets your needs.
Sit Back + Relax
You’ve chosen your coffee and how often you want it delivered—all that’s left to do is sit back and relax while we do all the work.
How Much Coffee Should I Order?
Our whole bean coffees come in 12 oz bags. Brewing methods, cup size, and preference all will affect how far it will go, but a 12 oz bag should be about a two-week supply for 1-2 coffee drinkers. You can always increase, decrease, or pause your subscription if needed.
Keep in mind, you want your coffee to be fresh, so don’t order too many bags at once. It’s best to keep your order spaced out so we can deliver you the freshest and best tasting coffee.
One 12 oz Bag Is:
per whole oz
6 fl oz cups
per 6 fl oz cup
Other Coffee Offerings
Cold Brew Blend – 12 oz Whole Bean CoffeeAdd to cart
Decafé – 12 oz Whole Bean CoffeeAdd to cart
The Flame – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$18.00 – $95.00 Select options
The Lamp Post – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$18.00 – $95.00 Select options
The Orchid – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$18.00 Add to cart
The Temple – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$18.00 Add to cart
The Volcano – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$18.00 Add to cart
Tres Hombres – 12 oz Whole Bean CoffeeAdd to cart