The Chemex is a beloved brewing method that came on the scene in 1941, so it has been around a while. It is pretty simple pour over that can be done easily by beginners or tweaked and perfected by the pros. One factor people love is that the filters are thicker and seem to filter out more of the unwanted oils that produce bitter flavor notes.
Here are a few tips from us on how to get a clean cup:
1. Always use fresh coffee from Haciendo (whole bean/fresh ground, and no more than a couple weeks old if possible)
2. Use filtered water or some sort of good water. This helps with flavor and keeps your kettle from buildup.
3. Use a good ratio (recipe). Most people don’t have one locked in so their brewing is inconsistent.
4. Use a scale to measure the coffee and to monitor the water during the pour.
5. Get the right grind size for each new coffee you try. Doing this will ensure the pour is good.
6. Let it bloom! (the bloom is when you wet the grounds and let them de-gas for 45 seconds)
7. Slow down your pour! The total brewing time with bloom included should be about 3mins
Try These With A Chemex
Subscribe + Save
Never run out of coffee again! If you love our coffee, you can get it ordered and delivered automatically. With different frequencies and roasts to choose from, we’ve got the perfect subscription just for you, and at a discount too!
Choose Your Coffee
From single origin to our house blend, or even surprise offerings for the more adventurous, we have the coffee to fit your taste.
Choose A Frequency
Receive 12 oz of our whole bean coffee weekly, every 2 weeks, every 3 weeks, or monthly—whatever frequency meets your needs.
Sit Back + Relax
You’ve chosen your coffee and how often you want it delivered—all that’s left to do is sit back and relax while we do all the work.
How Much Coffee Should I Order?
Our whole bean coffees come in 12 oz bags. Brewing methods, cup size, and preference all will affect how far it will go, but a 12 oz bag should be about a two-week supply for 1-2 coffee drinkers. You can always increase, decrease, or pause your subscription if needed.
Keep in mind, you want your coffee to be fresh, so don’t order too many bags at once. It’s best to keep your order spaced out so we can deliver you the freshest and best tasting coffee.
One 12 oz Bag Is:
per whole oz
6 fl oz cups
per 6 fl oz cup
Other Coffee Offerings
Cold Brew Blend – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$20.00 Add to cart
Decafé – Mexico – Medium Roast – 12 oz Whole Bean Coffee$20.00 Add to cart
The Arrow – Guatemala – Medium Roast Coffee$19.00 – $95.00 Select options
The Lamp Post – Ethiopia – Light Roast Coffee$19.00 – $95.00 Select options
The Orchid – Colombia – Medium Roast Coffee$19.00 – $95.00 Select options
The Temple – Mexico – Medium Roast Coffee$19.00 – $95.00 Select options
The Volcano – Nicaragua – Medium Roast Coffee$19.00 – $95.00 Select options
Tres Hombres Blend – Medium Roast – 12 oz Coffee$18.00 Select options